Thursday, October 16, 2014

Alison Lundergan Grimes

I've had this blog sitting around and I used to use it. I erased most of the entries because I didn't want my views, some of which are extremely controversial putting a damper on my main blog, Blue Island Ghost Stories. I love telling stories. 

Anyway, I get worked up over politics, and again it occurs to me that I would lose readers if I continued ranting over facebook. So last night, while listening to Rachel Maddow expand on the subject of Ebola, I decided to move my rants here. If you don't like my politics, then don't read this. If you agree, let me know. Anyway, this is my last rant:

I feel another rant coming on. Well, actually it started last night while watching coverage over the Senatorial debate in Kentucky. Alison Lundergan Grimes is so frightened of the picture that Mitch McConnell is trying to paint of her as an Obama supporter, that she wouldn't admit to even supporting the President when he ran for office in 2008 and 2012. Asked about repealing Obamacare, called Kynect in Kentucky, McConnell said that this was just a web site, and that if he was able to have Obamacare repealed, the web site wouldn't be effected. And what was her response? Nothing. Not a God blessed thing. Never mind that 500,000 Kentuckians have insurance for the first time because of Obamacare, but if the Republicans finally do repeal it, the insurance is gone, and that web site means nothing.
No, I really don't worry about Kentucky politics, but I do worry about American politics. And why this race concerns me is that she is just another coward running for office who does not have the backbone to stand up for her constituents.
I am still pissed that these jackasses dropped everything and ran out of town rather than vote on whether they would back the President in sending bombing raids into Syria. They won't vote on it when they get back, but they might when the new Congress is seated. Maybe by that time they might figure out something else to blame Obama for.
President Obama is not always right. No one is always right. My anger with the Congress has more to do with their attitude. "If Obama wants it, then it must be wrong," is nothing but pure cowardice. Stand up and discuss your views. Tell us why Obama is wrong. Tell us what you think we should do.
No, instead of being honest and forthright, you have a coward like Ted Cruz threatening to shut down the Government again. Then one of them will stand in front of a memorial saying something like, "How could President Obama allow this memorial to be closed?" Again. Never mind the employees from every other government agency will be sitting on their rear ends praying for a way to pay their bills. Or even that we have a worldwide epidemic on our hands, and Congress has slashed the budget of CDC. Close them down and lets see how many Americans aren't treated for Ebola.
The subject of Ebola is another issue that just really pisses me off, but I'll save that rant for another day.
Okay, so President Obama has disappointed a lot of people. He at least is trying. Congress on the other hand is made up of cowards and ego maniacs. It's time to vote them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment